think you wanna work with me?
My experience in all things music business combined with digital marketing expertise means that you never know what I might come up with next. Working in multiple industries has continued to grow my skills in transferrable, progressive ways; keeping me on my toes while striving to create quality, engaging content that produces real-time results. I thrive in high-energy environments, whether they be concerts, events, or simply enthusiastic work settings.
Music is my love. Marketing is my favorite challenge. Writing is my escape.
I'm always on the lookout for my next adventure. If you think I can assist with yours, please contact me today.
TOURING & LIVE EVENTS - VARIOUS - AUGUST 2010 - Present
- Most recent tour: Glass Animals North American Headlining Tour (Sept - Dec 2016). Avg. 2000-6000 capacity rooms. Position: Merchandise Manager/TM Assistant.
- Previous positions: Merchandiser, Tour Manager, Production Assistant and VIP Manager.
- Past experience includes the complete Vans Warped Tour in both 2012 & 2014.
- Production Manager for Denver's annual Nerd Prom, managing a team of five.
- Experience working as a VIP Manager for acts like Blink-182 and Justin Bieber.
- VIP experience with companies like Adventures in Wonderland & BKSTG.
- Vending experience with companies like Sandbag LTD., AEG Live, Firebrand Live & Manhead.
MERCHANDISE MAnAGEMENT - VARIOUS - SEPTEMBER 2011 - Present
- Member of the merchandise team at Red Rocks Amphitheater as of 2014.
- Oversee all merch sold at Red Rocks, handling $20,000 to $100,000 in goods each night.
- Preferred Denver merch vendor for UK/US company Sandbag LTD.
- Experience with companies like Manhead, Church of Merch and MerchNow.
- Familiar with AtVenu, Square, and MasterTour.
- Tour experience selling, monitoring inventory, handling shipping, and advancing shows.
- Previous experience with artists: Slipknot, Van Halen, The Avett Brothers, Panic! At The Disco, Ed Sheeran, Flobots, I Fight Dragons, Andrew McMahon in The Wilderness, Bassnectar, Glass Animals, Jamie XX, Air Dubai, Chet Faker, and more.
VIP MANAGER, RIOT FEST - MAY 2013 - SEPTEMBER 2015
- Started as a marketing intern in 2013 for the festival's inaugural year in Denver.
- Was promoted to VIP Manager in 2014 and returned to the position in 2015.
- Managed both VIP areas, leading a staff of two, and worked alongside the site crew.
- Organized layout, decor, and setup of both VIP areas.
- Oversaw daily needs of VIP patrons, bar staff, and handled outstanding festival mgmt. needs.
- Assisted box office with outlying needs, and mediated patron concerns in a timely manner.
Music Editor, Ultra5280 - Denver CO — September 2011 - October 2016
Held the title of Music Editor for Denver's premiere online music publication for it's first six years. Ultra5280 provides fans with live social media coverage, reviews, artist interviews and renowned concert photography. As Music Editor, I directed the team's coverage of music events, working directly with publicists and artist teams, and was in charge of our annual Halloween event, Ultraween.
- Reviewing albums, live shows, interviewing musicians and photographing concerts.
- Use of the Google Suite to relay and execute a planned weekly schedule to a team of 10.
- Head of internal coordination, event budgeting and team scheduling.
- Updating & maintaining social media presence on multiple platforms.
- Grew our annual Halloween event to a premiere event with over 1,000 in attendance.
I have worked with bands like Glass Animals, Iggy Pop, Twenty One Pilots, Bassnectar, THe Avett Brothers, Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness, Kansas, Chet Faker, I Fight Dragons, Air Dubai, Flobots and more.
BRAND MARKETING & PROMOTIONS, VARIOUS - APRIL 2014 - PRESENT
- Completed various activations as a Brand Ambassador & Market Leader since 2014.
- Ongoing work for Elite Marketing and Whitewave Foods as the market manager, including managing a 20 person/six brand footprint at the 2016 Boulder Creek Festival.
- Managed five unique footprints at ExpoWest - the world’s largest natural foods convention.
- Experience with conventions, guerrilla marketing, trade shows, on-site activations, private and corporate events, and food sampling activations.
- Previous work for companies Nintendo, Nike, Sony, Jeep, Coca-Cola, and more.
- Familiar with reporting, data collection, event setup & breakdown, logistics and team scheduling.
DIGITAL COMMUNITY MANAGER, VARIOUS - FEBRUARY 2015 - PRESENT
- Freelance Community Manager for companies like Large Media and Wide Foc.us.
- Content curation for social platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest).
- Oversee community management, manage social media campaigns, brand launches, etc.
- Produce owned content, long and short form copy, and blog posts.
- Review and prepare reports on a variety of social analytics to provide feedback..
- Develop and implement new strategies based on analytics to grow client communities.
- Experience with Sprout Social, Hootsuite, the Google Suite, and Facebook Analytics.
PRESS COORDINATOR, THE MAGIC MUSIC DOCUMENTARY - DENVER, CO - October - NOVEMBER 2015
- Developed, organized and executed a marketing strategy for a documentary’s live event.
- Wrote press releases, web advertisements and assorted copy.
- Produced various graphics for websites, print media, posters, and t-shrits.
- Coordinated strategic outreach to print, web, television, and radio networks to arrange coverage.
- Executed guerrilla marketing tactics in the community to increase event awareness.
- Handled press, VIP and guest list coordination day of the event.
- Used strategic paid advertising to raise awareness and convert web traffic to ticket sales.
I have represented brands like Nintendo, Otterbox, Coca-Cola, WhiteWave Foods, Sony, Jeep, DICKS SPORTING GOODS and more.
University of Colorado Denver, BACHELOR OF SCIENCES IN Music - Graduated May 2014
Maddie is a proud graduate of the University of Colorado Denver with a degree in Music Business from the Music & Entertainment Industry Studies Program where she now guest lectures and assists with music-related student activities.
a formal resumé including background, skills, and referrals can be requested through this website's contact form.